If your PC is suffering from this error, your computer would typically display the following messages in your screen monitor:
1. "The file BHO.dll is missing."
2. "BHO.dll Not Found."
3. "Cannot find BHO.dll."
4. "Cannot start BHO.dll Module. A required component is missing: BHO.dll. Please install the application again."
5. "This application failed to start because BHO.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
The BHO.dll error is a result of your system failing to read and load the file and/or its related settings correctly. Fortunately, it is quite easy to remedy such issues. It does not require you to make a trip to a computer repair shop. You can repair this yourself even if you have just a limited computing experience. Just follow the steps outlined in this tutorial to educate yourself about the steps in fixing the DLL file error in your PC.
What is a DLL Error?
A DLL, also Dynamic Link Library, is a component of an application or program, controlling some of the program's instructions or extra data required by the program.Each DLL file can be used by many different applications to perform a specific utility. Through installing and uninstalling of programs, in addition to visiting unsecure websites on the internet, the locations of the dll files sometimes get inadvertently changed, thus a dll error occurs. You need to fix dll errors immediately to avoid more system problems.
How To Fix BHO.dll Errors
The way to fix BHO.dll errors in your PC is by ensuring that the applications and file settings are working correctly. The first thing you need to do is re-install the specific programs where you encounter the error. That program might be unable to read the DLL file correctly and needs to be replaced. To this, you can use the following steps:
- Click "Start"
- Locate Control Panel and then access the Add/Remove Programs module.
- Once inside, select the program from the list and click the "Uninstall" command.
- You need to restart your PC after uninstall has been completed.
- Once you are inside Windows again, run the file installer of the program from the CD-installer or obtain it by downloading it from the Internet.
- This will create a fresh copy of the program and will refresh the different program settings. Sometimes this will fix the BHO.dll error, but not always.
- If the above process doesn't work, you can replace the old BHO.dll file in your system instead. Do this by obtaining a fresh copy of the file. You can download BHO.dll from many leading websites and then save it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. You need to re-register this file into your operating system by accessing your command prompt. To re-register the file, click Start > Run and then type "cmd" in the box that appears. The Command Prompt window will appear and then you need to type "regsvr32 -u BHO.dll" then press "Enter". Afterwards, type "regsvr32 BHO.dll" then press "Enter" again. This will allow the file to function properly.
The next and last thing for you to do is to clean the registry. This database contains all the delicate files and data of Windows. They perform vital functions. If they have errors, the rest of the system suffers. Programs and other features rely on the data there to operate properly. Clean the registry effectively by using the most reliable tool of experts: Frontline Registry Cleaner and to fix errors.
Leave a Reply