What Causes Mpeg4Info.dll Errors:
The Mpeg4Info.dll file error occurs for a number of reasons. The usual messages you will see when the error appears look like these:
1. "This application failed to start because Mpeg4Info.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
2. "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: Mpeg4Info.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
The warning messages imply that the dll file cannot be found, or more specifically, the path of the file cannot be accessed; thus, the file becomes unreadable and non functional. There are also circumstances wherein the file has been removed or misplaced accidentally. When an application has been uninstalled or installed recently, the dll file could have been overwritten. Another possible cause of this error could be registry. Troubleshoot the source of the problem and then initiate the correct fix for them. Methods for doing so are outlined next.
What is a DLL Error?
A DLL, also Dynamic Link Library, is a component of an application or program, controlling some of the program's instructions or extra data required by the program.Each DLL file can be used by many different applications to perform a specific utility. Through installing and uninstalling of programs, in addition to visiting unsecure websites on the internet, the locations of the dll files sometimes get inadvertently changed, thus a dll error occurs. You need to fix dll errors immediately to avoid more system problems.
How To Fix Mpeg4Info.dll Errors
The way to fix Mpeg4Info.dll errors in your PC is by ensuring that the applications and file settings are working correctly. The first thing you need to do is re-install the specific programs where you encounter the error. That program might be unable to read the DLL file correctly and needs to be replaced. To this, you can use the following steps:
- Click "Start"
- Locate Control Panel and then access the Add/Remove Programs module.
- Once inside, select the program from the list and click the "Uninstall" command.
- You need to restart your PC after uninstall has been completed.
- Once you are inside Windows again, run the file installer of the program from the CD-installer or obtain it by downloading it from the Internet.
- This will create a fresh copy of the program and will refresh the different program settings. Sometimes this will fix the Mpeg4Info.dll error, but not always.
- If the above process doesn't work, you can replace the old Mpeg4Info.dll file in your system instead. Do this by obtaining a fresh copy of the file. You can download Mpeg4Info.dll from many leading websites and then save it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. You need to re-register this file into your operating system by accessing your command prompt. To re-register the file, click Start > Run and then type "cmd" in the box that appears. The Command Prompt window will appear and then you need to type "regsvr32 -u Mpeg4Info.dll" then press "Enter". Afterwards, type "regsvr32 Mpeg4Info.dll" then press "Enter" again. This will allow the file to function properly.
To make sure that all issues have been dealt with, run the Frontline Registry Cleaner tool to fix possible problems in the registry database that cause the errors. This quick and easy cleaner is perfect for people who don't want to waste their time manually getting rid of this error. This is a program which can fix the various errors inside the "registry database" of your computer - a central storage facility for all the settings & options of Windows. Mpeg4Info.dll errors can often be caused by errors inside the registry, making it vital you're able to fix any problems that may be inside by using a registry cleaner program.
Leave a Reply